Terms and Conditions
Cookies and other technologies employed by L2Ertheia and its partners.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are pieces of data that websites you visit can set on your browser and device hard drive. The term may also be used to refer to other technologies that when employed in a certain manner may be able to track the online behavior of a web user.
L2Ertheia and its partners use a number of technologies to support and improve the gaming experience we offer. Some of these technologies are used to identify users when they are on L2Ertheia games and others may be used to track unique web users. This page was developed to describe the technologies we use, including how they work, our purposes for using them and your choices about their use.
TECHNOLOGY L2Ertheia USES
Local Shared Objects (LSOs), which are also known as “flash cookies”, are used to:
- Identify devices so we can prevent and respond to fraud.
- Store game preferences so we can present the game experience you want. These preferences let us know things like whether you want music on or off or whether you want us to hide certain L2Ertheia games.
- Store game assets (files) on your device so you can have faster load times. To learn more about LSOs and how to manage them visit Adobe.
Browser Cookies are used by L2Ertheia primarily to:
- Identify specific users and track whether they are logged in (Authentication)
- Customize site content and remember site preferences.
There are a number of ways to manage browser cookies on your device. Most major browsers offer choices for whether and how you might receive future cookies and for deleting cookies already on your machine. Here are links for some of the larger browsers:
- Internet Explorer
Html eTags is a technology that allows a web service to validate the temporary storage (cache) of web documents like html pages and images. They are used by L2Ertheia or service providers working on L2Ertheia’s behalf to optimize web caching for each user.
You may be able to remove eTags from your browser by following your browser instructions for clearing cache.
Beacons, pixel tags, clear gifs are all terms for similar technology that often works in the same way. Small strings of (software) code that track events such as when a web user visits a page or opens an email. They are used by L2Ertheia to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns, deliver more relevant content and manage advertising for L2Ertheia’s games.
Generally you should be able manage beacons and pixel tags in the same way that you manage cookies – using your browser’s preferences (see browser links above). NOTE: There are several browser plugins available to web users who want to be better informed about and have more control over these technologies. Two popular ones are Ghostery and Abine. Other Companies’ Technology L2Ertheia uses within its games, apps and sites.
L2Ertheia analyzes traffic and other end user activity to improve the user experience. L2Ertheia and companies working its behalf may use web server log files and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain types of technical information, such as cookies, IP addresses, device type and usage information including time spent on particular pages or number of clicks.
One of our analytics partners is Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses browser cookies to generate statistics about visitors to websites, such as the number of page views or times of peak traffic. If you don’t want your anonymous browser data to be collected by Google Analytics when you visit sites that use Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser.
To learn more or inform Google that you do not want data about your website visit sent to Google, go here
ADS FOR L2Ertheia GAMES (L2Ertheia AS AN ADVERTISER)
L2Ertheia works with web publishers and advertising networks (“Advertising Partners”) to deliver interest-based ads to users that have visited L2Ertheia sites, played L2Ertheia’s games or accessed L2Ertheia’s content including videos (L2Ertheia Users”). This practice is also referred to as online behavioral advertising and here’s a brief description of how it works at L2Ertheia.
Our Advertising Partners use software that recognizes pixels and cookies (identifiers) that are placed on the browsers of L2Ertheia Users. When the ad software recognizes these identifiers, they deliver ads for L2Ertheia’s products and services to L2Ertheia Users who are on other web sites. Many of these ads for L2Ertheia’s products will include an icon the ad recipient can click to learn more about the ad, why she received it and how to exercise choice. The icon displayed may range from the ad choices icon to a question mark (“?”) in the corner of the ad unit.
ADS FOR OTHER SITES AND SERVICES (L2Ertheia AS A PUBLISHER)
As you know L2Ertheia is a free service. One of the ways we generate revenue, which supports our ability to develop and publish fun games, is by publishing ads. Our advertising partners may serve targeted or personalized ads that are intended to be more relevant to you.
ADVERTISING IN WEB GAMES AND EMAILS
Tracking Pixels, Web Bugs, Pixel Tags, Browser Cookies – these are all references to technology that we permit others to set or read within our service. These technologies may be used to identify the interests and behavior of web users and target advertising to them based on those interests. They are also used to limit the number of times a user may see a particular ad or prevent certain ads from being shown at all.
GAMESERVER RULESBy playing on our server the player agrees with all of the here mentioned rules. The player also agrees he will comply with them. You can find list of server rules below:
- Even an attempted breach of the rules is considered like a breach of the rules!
- An interpretation of the rules is only in the authority of Admin and GMs.
- GMs and Administrators differ from regular players with a green colored name and nickname in the form =GM=Nick.
- GM does not replace the loss of things, level or anything else due to an error of player or an error (crash) of the client or player or Internet connection. If an error occurs in a quest although other players succeed without problem, GM will not interfere. You can start the quest again.
- The player has a right to use only those features of game that are a standard part of the original game client and can be legitimately accessed, including further expressly permitted exceptions.
- Changing the Clan Leader is available ingame via the clan functions. GMs will not change banned Clan Leader to another member.
- If you decide to give your character a vulgar nickname, you do so at you own risk of being banned. Reporting them is not necessary we will deal with them when and if we see fit.
- During trading, each player is obligated to check the product itself, the quantity and the price of this product and if everything corresponds to what he really wants to buy or sell. Attempted scams may end with ban of involved character.
- All data stored on the server are the property of the server owner. If a player loses anything, he/she has no claim for a refund or any other compensation.
- The service is free and the owner takes no responsibility for any damage caused by its using or its eventual unavailability or malfunction.
- The owner makes no warranties regarding the service operation. The service may be partially suspended or even withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Ignorance of the rules does not excuse.
- A player should not disclose his/her login information to other players. Read the article Account Safety to evade potential loss or robbery.
- A player must not use any possible bugs or exploits and if he finds any, he is obliged to report them to the administration.
- It is forbidden to use any external scripts, programs, or anything else (except what is explicitly allowed) that can automate gameplay by any means. In case of violation, the player will get a HWID ban and all involved game accounts will be blocked.
- Detected attempts to spoof ones HWID will result in blocking of all involved game accounts.
- Exploiting game or website systems will result in blocking of account.
- Players which do not report exploits are violating rules and will result blocking of account.
- It is forbidden to reduce the natural authority of GM, their ridiculing and other forms of expression against GM in the game, or outside of game (forum, discord, etc.) or against them directly.
- It is forbidden to imitate or pretend to be a L2Ertheia staff or pretend to act in their name or on their authority.
- It is forbidden to use any kind of words containing offensive or bad language in Clan or Alliance names.
- It is forbidden to use any kind of words containing offensive or bad language in Clan Entry, Party Matching and Buy, Sell or Craft stores.
- It is forbidden to denigrate L2Ertheia server in any form.
- It is forbidden to spam, flood or being toxic in chat.
- It is forbidden to sell, buy or change game items, characters, or game accounts for real money.
- It is forbidden to sell, buy or change game items, characters, or game accounts for in-game items, characters, or Game Accounts on other servers.
- It is forbidden to popularize other servers in any form.